Friday 24 September 2010

Anima Mariae, sanctifica me!


Prayer to Our Lady of Good Success


(from a holy card distributed by the Sisters of the Conceptionist Convent of Quito with ecclesiastical approval)

Soul of Mary, sanctify me,
Body of Mary, purify me,
Heart of Mary, inflame me,
Sorrow of Mary, comfort me,
Tears of Mary, console me,
O Sweet Mary, hear me.

With thy benign eyes, look on me,
Through thy holy steps, guide me,
To thy Divine Son, pray for me,
Pardon for my sins, achieve for me,
Devotion to your holy Rosary, infuse in me,
Love for God and my fellow man, grant me,
Permit me not to ever be separated from thee.

In the hour of my death, comfort me,
From my enemies, defend me,
With the shield of thy holy name, defend me,
With thy mantle, cover me,
In the fatal instant of my agony, assist me,
From dying in sin, free me,
Into the arms of Jesus, deliver me,
To the eternal mansion, bring me,
So that, with the angels and saints
I can praise thee for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment